Monday, May 25, 2009

What a great holiday weekend!

Well it has been a bit since I posted to the blog. Mostly it is because I have barely been working this last couple of weeks. It has been a nice break, but I am happy that the census is picking back up in the hospitals. In the last three weeks I have only worked about 6-7 nights. I didn't work for Children's at all last week. What pray tell did I do with all the free time, you ask? We went to the beach a couple times, the playground several, went to see a movie (Star Trek was awesome), Chilled at home, and celebrated Lilah's birthday. The other thing I did was get a little bit hooked onto facebook, especially the facebook game Farm Town. I love the game, so simple, yet so fun. I have spent way too many hours hunched in front of the computer.

Lilah's Birthday was Thursday and we took just her to Disneyland. Matthew came along too. It was the best Disney day ever. Since Lilah is tall enough for just about every ride and not afraid of any of them, we got to get on all the ones we wanted to. The weather was beautiful and the lines were short. We ate Turkey legs and corn on the cob for lunch. So Delicious. We got Lilah a Wii for her birthday and a good portion of the weekend was spent playing Wii games. Lilah said it was her best birthday ever. I played the boxing game on Wii sports and my shoulders and upper arms were sore the next day. I guess I am pretty out of shape when pretend boxing kicks my butt. I have been putting off my training/workout program. I think mostly because of how out of shape I know I am. I am planning to run/walk very briskly a 5K in August, so I guess I had better get my butt in gear.

As much as the Wii kicked my butt, Steve's braces are kicking his. He got his braces put on on Friday and his teeth are still hurting a fair amount. He has not been really chewing as much as swallowing things whole. Hopefully they feel better soon. He has already threatened to pry them off with a screwdriver.

Catch ya all next week.
Love,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment