Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer is really here!

Hello all. It was pretty warm today. I love California. It was a beautiful SoCal Sunday. I slept pretty well today and I was up by 3pm. We left a little early to church because we stopped be the Sears Outlet first. Our clothes dryer went kaput last week and we need a new one. The dryer was a gift from a friend and I am not sure how old it is, but it provided us a good year of service. Lord knows we do a lot of laundry in our house. I found a couple of options for a new dryer at the outlet and hopefully I'll be able to buy it by the end of the month. In the meantime we will be hitting the Laundromat. We leave to Albuquerque on Wednesday so I think we'll hit the local Laundromat on Tuesday so that we have clean clothes to pack for our trip.

After the dryer shopping we stopped by Pet Kingdom, our favorite pet store , and got a mouse for Destiny. It is Hilarius how much the kids enjoy the mouse, but then also love to watch the snake eat it. The store usually gives out the mice in brown paper bags stapled shut, but as we have found out the hard way, the mouse can chew right through those. So we bring along a clear plastic little pet carrier box to put the mouse in. Ethan loves to hold the mouse in the van and watch it crawl around and he is totally fascinated. The kids take turns holding the mouse in the van and seem to really like it, but they have no qualms however about watching the same mouse be eaten several hours later. The all stand around and watch Destiny strike and it, strangle it, and swallow it whole. They usually watch until the whole thing is swallowed. If you ask me it is pretty cheap entertainment.

After our weekly pet shop stop we went to church. Pastor Miles is doing a sermon series on prayer and it was the second week. Steve and I are really enjoying and learning. After church I got curbside drop off to work. I am having a good night here. One little preemie recovering from surgery. I am wishing I had brought a new book with me because I have a lot of free time.

Tomorrow we are going to try and go to the pool. I have a co worker who lives in the same apartment complex that we did a few years ago and it has a really nice pool. She is going to let us come over to use her pool. It should be fun. It is supposed to be another beautiful day tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.
Love,
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment