Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter 2009!

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you all had an excellent day in remembrance of Jesus' Resurrection. We had a lot of fun today with the kids. I had originally planned on coloring eggs with the kids, but when I got home from work this morning I was so exhausted that I asked Steve to do it with them while I slept. It seemed weird to the kids, Lilah especially not to have Matthew here for Easter. He has been able to celebrate the last few Easters with us, and his absence was definitely noted today. Though we are happy things are working out great for him in New Mexico we miss him a lot.
So I woke up around 3pm and while the boys were still napping, put together their baskets. Aunt Tiffany had sent some plastic eggs filled with candy for the kids so we hid those as well as the baskets. If you want to check out the hunt in our living room for Easter goodies, you can check out the YouTube video. Steve is posting it as I type this. (search for yangfamilysd) This is the first year that Ethan was able to participate, I got him a really cute polar bear basket and within minutes of finding it, he dug into the candy and drooled chocolate all over the beautiful white basket. He sure enjoyed it though. After the goodies were enjoyed we went to church. Another wonderful sermon and worship music. At church Alex said "Happy Easter Day" to nearly everyone he saw. I am so happy that my kids enjoy going to church.
So the only other new thing going on is that we decided on a housekeeper. Her name is Melissa and she is a young Navy wife. She brings her 14month old daughter Lilyanne with her and she does a great job keeping our house clean and the laundry done, that it has allowed me so much more free time with the kids and Steve I think is a lot less stressed.

Well I have gone on and on, I again say Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment