Monday, March 30, 2009

Where did March go?

Good Morning on this 2nd to last day of March. I can't believe how 2009 is flying by. It seems that I was just toasting the new year.

I am at work right now and it's been a nice night. I have had time to read and surf the internet and chat with friendly coworkers. I also wrote out our grocery list. Steve and the kids will be picking me up from work at 7:30 and then we'll get some breakfast and hit the grocery stores. I posted an ad on Craigslist this morning for a housekeeper. I am looking for someone to come in and clean and do laundry 3-4 days/week. I would rather use the money to pay off debt, but I can't take the mess or giant piles of dirty laundry. Steve is so busy with the kids and/or so discouraged when he does clean and the kids have made it dirty again within hours. I have hopes that with this economy and people looking for work, my ad will be jumped on and I'll have a few choices.

Also a funny story to lighten your day:

As most of you know we have a pet snake named Destiny. Destiny the Snake's diet consists of one mouse a week. The pet store we buy the feeder mice from is only open until 6pm on Sundays, so we usually buy the mouse before church and then Steve and the kids feed the snake when they get home from church. The store usually packages the mouse in doubled up paper lunch style bags stapled shut. Well two weeks ago, when steve got the kids into the house and went back out to the van to get the mouse, the mouse had chewed through the bag and was MIA. Steve wasn't sure where the mouse went to, but the van door had been left open, so it could have been anywhere. Steve and Lilah looked for the mouse for about 20-30 minutes with no luck before giving up. The next day we bought another one to feed Destiny and forgot all about the other mouse.

Tonight we were about to leave to church in the van, when I needed a napkin out of the glovebox. Upon opening the glovebox, I immediately noticed that a bunch of the napkins in there had been shredded up, mouse style. At once, I knew it must be the MIA mouse from 2 weeks ago. How it survived for so long, I don't know. I had Steve feel around in there and sure enough there it was. He put it in the garage to later become Destiny's Dinner.

I am thinking it may be time to clean out the van since a mouse was able to survive for two weeks in there.

LOL. Hope you enjoyed another Yang family adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment